Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Fairy Boy


So my mom's boyfriend hates me. Thats ok the feeling is pretty much mutual. I think mostly its that he just wishes I didn't exist. I'm not out to anybody except one friend who is a girl, but I think just from some things that people say that sometimes people can tell or have guessed that I'm gay. It's not that I'm like some totally femmy type, but I guess theres just something about me that makes some people guess it. I try not to act like that, but I don't even know what it is that makes people guess it. One of the people who has guessed it is my mom's boyfriend. He likes to call me "the fairy boy".

My mom has heard him say that to me. She tries to act like its just a joke and laugh it off or she says something like "Oh Frank don't be like that."  (drunken giggle)

Yeh um thanks for the spirited defense mom.

There are a lot of good things about me, and if the only thing that matters to some people is playing sports or acting all macho then I guess I just don't care about their opinion.

And I'm working really hard to make myself believe that.

4 comments:

Col said...

Hi Kyle,

You've made a great start on your blog.
I agree with Chutney, but I imagine it's not easy to keep hearing him call you that.
My dad used to call me a poof (Brit word for queer) and I hated it. Like you I'm not femmy, but I was never into sports.

Keep up the good work!

Hope you have a good Christmas,
Col

KyleT said...

Thank you Chutney and Col it was nice of you to write what you did. I hope you guys have a great christmas too!
kyle

Doomed But Cheerful! said...

Sticks and stones ... and names hurt too. You can and will oversome all that ... and emerge a stronger individual. Expect some scars, but time, and the right man, will make them all fade away. Meantime, the whole of the blogosphere is here to support you, especially the pink, blue and purple brigade! Fantastic start ... keep blogging, more yaoi please ... and have a great Christmas =]

Seth said...

Hey Kyle, just found your blog linked from your comment. Putting you on my list :) Great to see you join our little blog community, etc. If you have questions or anything feel free to let me know.

Welcome to blog-land!!

Just remember you are better than a name, and you'll go on to do great things some day, whether or not your Moms BF likes you. Stay strong and keep your chin up.

And have a wonderful holiday!!